Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Artist Love: OTTO DIX

Sitting in Concordia University's Fine Arts building's student-run CAFÉ X staring at my painting on the wall.



The "holy-shit-what-the-fuck-do-I-do-after-art-school? syndrome" is getting to me.
Must go see a student advisor ASAP.

Last Wednesday I saw the Otto Dix exhibit at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts.
I fell in love.
Lots of people have a hard time looking at his work for extended periods of time, but I was just obsessed. Of course, little me with my penchant for art of the slightly dark, creepy and rebellious variety. I drew 3 sketches. And (surprise!) I was the last one out of the museum. As always.
My favourite part was his post-WWI etchings.







Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I love the movie! I took a bunch of notes to post on my blog when I get sometime--can't wait to see the exhibition!

    ReplyDelete