Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I heart books!

BBC thinks the average person will read only 6 books/series from the 100 named here.
Here are the ones I've read. I get 15/100. I guess I'm above average, according to the BBC?
By my high-school reading standards, my list is kinda pitiful *punches Concordia readings*
SO many titles on the list are on my "to-read" list i.e. Dune, Life of Pi, On The Road, The Lovely Bones, etc. etc.
Sigh.

2 The Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien
4 Harry Potter series - JK Rowling
8 Nineteen Eighty-Four - George Orwell
9 His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman
16 The Hobbit - JRR Tolkien
25 The Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
29 Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll
33 Chronicles of Narnia - CS Lewis
41 Animal Farm - George Orwell
42 The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
46 Anne of Green Gables - LM Montgomery
58 Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
61 Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
73 The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett
99 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Roald Dahl

Here is an amusing little stop-motion that made me wonder whether I have a book fetish:

2 comments:

  1. I'm a beast!!!!

    41 read already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beast. I hate you!
    I'LL CATCH UP I SAY!

    (just kidding. i love beasts!)

    ReplyDelete