Thursday, January 6, 2011

FMST 323:

The History of Animated Film.

Fellow Concordians, take this class if you haven't already! Or feel free to hang out in the class with me this semester, from 8:45 to 12:45 on Thursday mornings, LB-125.

I'm so damn excited! I'm gonna try to post video clips seen in this class when I can.

Here is an example of one of the various videos that the (awesome) teacher showed us today. They were all cool, but can't find all of them very easily.
This is an claymation done by the Czechoslovakian Jan Svankmajer, called Darkness, Light, Darkness (1986).
This video makes claymation look like so much fun, I'd love to try it one day (and most of my friends already know that I love to do stuff with clay).
Enjoy! (It's kinda weird).
The class made some interesting observations about its various possible meanings; let me know what you think!



This is gonna be the sexiest class ever! Almost as sexy as this guy.

3 comments:

  1. hahah enhoy it.. he's a great teacher and I envy you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm going to be there next week, we'll probably see some stuff from Muybridge and maybe Felix the Cat!

    ReplyDelete